offsided.com
Skip to content

A look at the transfer stories making the headlines in England on Saturday.

Updated  

Jul-16 12:26 first published at 12:26 PM


In their efforts to entice striker Armando Broja away from London rivals Chelsea, West Ham are prepared to make an official offer, while according to Saturday’s Transfer Gossip, Arsenal are preparing a replacement for free agent defender William Saliba.
OFFICIAL BROJA BID TO BE LAUNCHED BY HAMMERS
West Ham reportedly increased their pursuit of Chelsea attacker Armando Broja and made a formal proposal.
The Albanian forward spent the previous campaign on loan at Southampton and had flashes of brilliance that caught the attention of several clubs.
In fact, Broja scored nine goals for the Saints in 28 games across all competitions.
Since then, he has returned to Stamford Bridge, but the Hammers, Newcastle, and Everton still want him.
However, it seems that the former have the more specific interest and might be close to a deal.
According to The Athletic, West Ham offered £30 million, with £25 million being paid up front. The final £5 million will be paid in bonuses.
Given the ongoing injury issues surrounding Michail Antonio, David Moyes is looking for at least one new frontman.
A possible Antonio replacement is Broja
West Ham is seeking for a long-term replacement as the 32-year-old Jamaican international nears the end of his career.
Broja, who is only 20 years old, very definitely meets the criteria.

Additionally, the addition of five substitutes the following season will provide extra chances for first-team outcasts.
Broja should have several alternatives to stake a claim for a starting position, even though he could move and end up on the bench.
LEVERKUSEN STAR IS USED BY ARSENAL IN LIGHT OF SALIBA WORRIES
Given the uncertainty surrounding William Saliba’s future at the club, it is said that Arsenal is prepared to rekindle its interest in defender Edmond Tapsoba of Bayer Leverkusen.
Following his failure to acquire Lisandro Martinez, Mikel Arteta is looking for defensive reinforcements. The Argentine’s £46 million transfer to Manchester United is almost complete.

But Arteta requires the addition of another center back, as Saliba is rumored to be prepared to leave the Gunners if he isn’t given more playing time.
The 21-year-old, who joined a successful loan spell at Marseille last season, has been told by France boss Didier Deschamps that he needs to be playing regularly to earn a place in the World Cup squad.
But with Gabriel Magalhaes and Ben White firmly in place as Arteta’s first-choice centre-back pairing, that will be tough.
And with Saliba perhaps departing, a fresh entry is now possible.
According to FootballTransfers, the Gunners are plotting a swoop for Burkina Faso star Tapsoba.
The 23-year-old has made 67 appearances for Leverkusen since joining for £21m from Vitoria de Guimaraes in 2020.
The Bundesliga team presently places him between £34 million and £42 million.
However, that amount might be a tad high for a guy who might wind up serving as a backup.
However, if Tapsoba does sign he will also give Arteta the ability to play three at the back.
CHELSEA TO SNAP UP YOUNG KEEPER
Gabriel Slonina’s agent Jaime Garcia has informed Chicago Fire that they reached an agreement on personal terms with Chelsea.

Transfer insider Fabriazio Romano has revealed that the Blues will now submit an official bid. That offer is expected to be around £8.5million plus add-ons.
Slonina will, however, stay at Chicago on loan for the time being.
The 18-year-old has enjoyed a rapid rise over the past year, winning the No.1 jersey at Chicago and going on to make 31 appearances for the club so far, already keeping 12 clean sheets.
He has also been capped across all youth levels for USA.

Latest News
Cristiano Ronaldo: John Obi Mikel warns Chelsea against signing former Man Utd star
News 12 hours ago

Chelsea has been warned against signing Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer in January. During the summer, Todd Boehly met with Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes, to discuss a possible move for the 37-year-old, but was turned down by former Blues manager Thomas Tuchel. Tuchel’s decision ultimately led to his dismissal, with Graham Potter taking over

Qatar’s ‘Metro Man’ goes viral
News 22 hours ago

Doha: Meet the ‘Metro man,’ Qatar’s new internet sensation! A metro guide, sitting atop a high-chair and holding a megaphone and a foam hand, shouts “Metro! Metro! Metro…Metro.. Metro…” to all football fans heading towards the station at Souq Waqif. The metro guide, later dubbed the “Metro man,” has gone viral for making an ordinary

Djed Spence removes all mention of Tottenham from Instagram
News 1 day ago

Tottenham fans have been talking about Djed Spence this week after the right wing-back decided to delete all club-related posts from his Instagram account. Supporters noticed that all photos from his time at Tottenham, as well as those from his successful spells at Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough, had vanished. Spence’s profile photo has also been

Why the Vancouver 2030 Winter Games bid is important
News 1 day ago

Proponents of the first-ever Indigenous-led Olympics are hoping that the British Columbia government will reconsider the potential Vancouver 2030 Winter Games bid. In late October, BC Tourism Minister Lisa Beare abruptly announced that the province will not support the bid due to rising costs, the BC NDP’s new leadership’s priorities of addressing housing affordability and

: Who is Netherlands star Cody Gakpo?
News 2 days ago

Eindhoven PSV Manchester United Football Club Solskjaer, Ole Gunnar Cody Gakpo from the Netherlands After being linked to Manchester United, PSV Eindhoven forward Cody Gakpo has scored in each of the Netherlands’ first two World Cup matches. Cody Gakpo has scored in both of his World Cup games in Qatar. Cody Gakpo has made his

Related News