offsided.com
Skip to content

Barcelona have not agreed a deal to sign Jules Kounde, says Sevilla boss Thomas Tuchel

Updated  

Jul-23 14:36 first published at 14:36 PM


Champions League Premier League Premiership of Scotland Teams from Europe SEVILLA have responded to reports that Jules Kounde will join Barcelona. Chelsea’s Premier League schedule for 2022-23 Sign up for the latest MUFC breaking news and transfer updates by clicking HERE. Invalid We use your sign-up to deliver content in ways you’ve agreed to and to better understand you. Based on our understanding, this may include advertisements from us and third parties. You have the option to unsubscribe at any time. More information Sevilla calls reports that Barcelona has agreed a deal to sign Jules Kounde “completely false.” Barcelona was said to be close to signing the France defender, but Sevilla denied the rumour. Chelsea are interested in signing Kounde after missing out on him last summer. The Blues have agreed a fee in the region of £55 million for the 23-year-old. They appeared to have beaten Barca to his signature. However, Spanish football reporter Gerard Romero claimed on Saturday morning that Barcelona had gone back in for Kounde and that a deal had been agreed in principle. Romero stated that there was a “99 percent” chance that the deal would be completed and Kounde would join Barcelona. Sevilla, on the other hand, has since responded. LIVE transfer news: Kane in limbo, Chelsea set to offload star, Ronaldo swap deal Chelsea transfer rumors: Sevilla have responded to reports that Jules Kounde will join Barcelona ( GETTY) Chelsea transfer news: Jules Kounde remains the Blues’ top target ( EXPRESS) Tuchel was then questioned about reports that Kounde had chosen his club over Barcelona. “That’s what you say, but I’m not going to start commenting on other players,” he replied. Kounde has been with Sevilla since his arrival from Bordeaux in 2019. In just three seasons, he has made 133 appearances for the club. He has 11 France caps after making his senior debut last year. Tuchel has stated that he hopes to sign at least one more defender this summer. He has already signed Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for around £34 million. However, the contract expirations of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen leave Tuchel short at the back. Captain Cesar Azpilicueta wants to join Barca as well. Tuchel, on the other hand, is unsure whether to grant him his wish. “It’s a tough question because I’m not sure if I want to give Azpi what he wants,” Tuchel said. It comes down to what we want at some point.” Chelsea has a captain who is a Spanish international. I see him as being on the same level as me, but Barcelona does not. So I’m not sure I want to give him what he wants because he’s such a big player.” Articles Related to Chelsea’s transfer plans may be jeopardized if six stars are not sold. Chelsea’s ideal 25-man squad, with six new additions for Thomas Tuchel Chelsea’s acquisition of Kounde could aid Spurs’ sale of an out-of-favor player.

Latest News
Qatar World Cup 2022 opening ceremony to be held before England v Iran match
News 17 mins ago

12th of August, 2022 posted at 8:05 a.m. On May 23, 2022, the Fifa World Cup trophy is displayed during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum 2022 (WEF) in the Alpine resort of Davos, Switzerland. Reuters The opening ceremony for this year’s World Cup in Qatar will now take place before the host

Iker Bravo to join Real Madrid from Bayer Leverkusen?
News 47 mins ago

Real Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal with Bayer Leverkusen to sign former Barcelona prospect Iker Bravo. Real Madrid have completed the signing of 17-year-old Spanish striker Iker Bravo from German giants Bayer Leverkusen, according to reputed Spanish journalist Gerard Romero. Once the transfer is finalized, the former Barcelona youth prospect is expected to join

The transfer window is closed and the door is still open for Cristiano Ronaldo.
News 1 hour ago

As Chelsea’s transfer stance remains consistent, Manchester United keeps hinting on social media that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay for the rest of the summer. The Portuguese were eager to leave at the start of the summer in order to continue his love affair with the Champions League. However, a lack of options has left the

A look at the latest transfer news and speculation from football.london
News 2 hours ago

Manchester United are considering a move to Serie A for a new striker as a precaution against the futures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford, according to Friday’s Transfer Gossip, while Nottingham Forest have made a £20 million winger bid. TAMMY ABRAHAM APPEARS ON MAN UTD RADAR Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing Roma

The World Cup will start one day later than originally planned.
News 12 hours ago

FIFA has formally delayed the start of the World Cup by one day to give host nation Qatar an exclusive Sunday evening slot in front of a global audience. Qatar will now face Ecuador in Doha on November 20 — just 101 days after FIFA’s decision on Thursday — extending the World Cup to 29

Related News