offsided.com
Skip to content

Brentford target Jannik Vestergaard set to leave Leicester City

Updated  

Jul-20 14:56 first published at 14:56 PM


According to a Danish newspaper, Leicester City have rejected a bid from Brentford for defender Jannik Vestergaard. The 29-year-old joined City last summer after the club suffered an injury crisis in defense, and he arrived from Southampton for a fee reported to be in the region of £15 million. Last season, the 6’6″ centre-back made just 10 Premier League appearances, four of which came off the bench. According to Danish outlet BT, City have turned down an approach from Brentford for the defender, despite the fact that their Danish manager Thomas Frank has shown a keen interest in several of his countrymen in the transfer market. It’s unclear whether Brentford will counter with a higher offer, but City are said to be willing to let him go. Jonny Evans reveals innovative Leicester City work at the Evian training camp : Brendan Rodgers issued a warning to Celtic following the Leicester City transfer link. Vestergaard said last month about his future, “Matches are extremely important.” After all, it’s more competitive to play in games than it is to train, but I haven’t gotten any worse as a football player in the last six months.” Rather, I feel better than I did in the autumn after a very, very brief pre-season, if any at all. Then I got a couple of injuries and became ill. So I’m feeling better now. I’m in better physical condition and feel more at ease on the field. “I believe it has gone well in the matches in which I have participated.” Of course, playing time is critical over time in order to be the best version of myself. I’m working very hard on it. I’ll be highly motivated to improve when I return to Leicester, and I believe a short break after this and a full pre-season will benefit me.” How should City’s defense look next season? Please let us know in the comments. READ ON: LIVE Leicester City Transfer News: Message from Youri Tielemans, West Ham situation’monitored’ Celtic star ‘high’ on Leicester City transfer wish list Youri Tielemans’ message prompts Leicester City contract request amid Arsenal transfer speculation Leicester City has warned that failure to complete a transfer poses a significant risk. All of the most recent Leicester City transfer rumors in one place.

Latest News
Qatar World Cup 2022 opening ceremony to be held before England v Iran match
News 51 mins ago

12th of August, 2022 posted at 8:05 a.m. On May 23, 2022, the Fifa World Cup trophy is displayed during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum 2022 (WEF) in the Alpine resort of Davos, Switzerland. Reuters The opening ceremony for this year’s World Cup in Qatar will now take place before the host

Iker Bravo to join Real Madrid from Bayer Leverkusen?
News 1 hour ago

Real Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal with Bayer Leverkusen to sign former Barcelona prospect Iker Bravo. Real Madrid have completed the signing of 17-year-old Spanish striker Iker Bravo from German giants Bayer Leverkusen, according to reputed Spanish journalist Gerard Romero. Once the transfer is finalized, the former Barcelona youth prospect is expected to join

The transfer window is closed and the door is still open for Cristiano Ronaldo.
News 2 hours ago

As Chelsea’s transfer stance remains consistent, Manchester United keeps hinting on social media that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay for the rest of the summer. The Portuguese were eager to leave at the start of the summer in order to continue his love affair with the Champions League. However, a lack of options has left the

A look at the latest transfer news and speculation from football.london
News 3 hours ago

Manchester United are considering a move to Serie A for a new striker as a precaution against the futures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford, according to Friday’s Transfer Gossip, while Nottingham Forest have made a £20 million winger bid. TAMMY ABRAHAM APPEARS ON MAN UTD RADAR Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing Roma

The World Cup will start one day later than originally planned.
News 13 hours ago

FIFA has formally delayed the start of the World Cup by one day to give host nation Qatar an exclusive Sunday evening slot in front of a global audience. Qatar will now face Ecuador in Doha on November 20 — just 101 days after FIFA’s decision on Thursday — extending the World Cup to 29

Related News