Nico Gonzalez has recently been in the news due to his uncertain future at Barcelona following the arrival of a slew of star players, including Franck Kessie. However, in a recent interview with MARCA, the academy graduate dispelled those rumors and stated that he is looking forward to the upcoming season. Nico also confirms that he will stay at Barça and compete for a spot in the first team. “The idea this year is the same as it has been in the past, in that I only played two games with Barça B and was in the dynamic of the first team.” “The plan is to fight for every possible match,” Nico told MARCA. The youngster played in 27 league games last season, but he admits that getting regular game time at Barça next season will be even more difficult. At the same time, the youngster praised the Barcelona board for bringing in a slew of top-tier players in an effort to help the club reclaim its former glory in the coming years. “The squad is rapidly improving. We’ve taken a huge step up in quality with the signings. I’m confident it will result in titles and a better season than last year.” Finally, Nico was questioned about playing alongside new signing Robert Lewandowski. The midfielder admitted that he is a huge fan of the Polish international and has enjoyed watching some of his career highlights, such as his four goals against Real Madrid in the 2013 Champions League semi-final. “It’s fun to play with him. I’ve seen him play many games, one of which he scored four goals against Real Madrid. I had a lot of fun with it.” Speaking of Real Madrid, Nico expresses excitement for the upcoming pre-season El Clasico later this week, in which he is expected to play a key role. “You always want to play, and it’s a big extra motivation for me to play two games against them, and it’s spectacular when we play against Real Madrid,” the midfielder added.
Midfielder Nico Gonzalez says he is looking forward to the new season at Barcelona
Jul-22 14:51 first published at 14:51 PM
Qatar World Cup 2022 opening ceremony to be held before England v Iran match
12th of August, 2022 posted at 8:05 a.m. On May 23, 2022, the Fifa World Cup trophy is displayed during a panel discussion at the World Economic Forum 2022 (WEF) in the Alpine resort of Davos, Switzerland. Reuters The opening ceremony for this year’s World Cup in Qatar will now take place before the host
Iker Bravo to join Real Madrid from Bayer Leverkusen?
Real Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal with Bayer Leverkusen to sign former Barcelona prospect Iker Bravo. Real Madrid have completed the signing of 17-year-old Spanish striker Iker Bravo from German giants Bayer Leverkusen, according to reputed Spanish journalist Gerard Romero. Once the transfer is finalized, the former Barcelona youth prospect is expected to join
The transfer window is closed and the door is still open for Cristiano Ronaldo.
As Chelsea’s transfer stance remains consistent, Manchester United keeps hinting on social media that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay for the rest of the summer. The Portuguese were eager to leave at the start of the summer in order to continue his love affair with the Champions League. However, a lack of options has left the
A look at the latest transfer news and speculation from football.london
Manchester United are considering a move to Serie A for a new striker as a precaution against the futures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford, according to Friday’s Transfer Gossip, while Nottingham Forest have made a £20 million winger bid. TAMMY ABRAHAM APPEARS ON MAN UTD RADAR Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing Roma
The World Cup will start one day later than originally planned.
FIFA has formally delayed the start of the World Cup by one day to give host nation Qatar an exclusive Sunday evening slot in front of a global audience. Qatar will now face Ecuador in Doha on November 20 — just 101 days after FIFA’s decision on Thursday — extending the World Cup to 29