Mariano Diaz, a Real Madrid star, is said to be open to leaving the club and is awaiting suitable offers to secure a move away from the Bernabeu. Mariano Diaz, according to an exclusive report from Defensa Central, is willing to leave Real Madrid during the current summer transfer window, despite speculation to the contrary. The 29-year-old is in his second stint with Real Madrid, having returned in 2018 after a successful one-year stint with French club Olympique Lyon. Mariano has had to settle for a supporting role in the squad since his return, as he has fallen behind Karim Benzema and Luka Jovic in the club’s pecking order. Mariano has made just 43 La Liga appearances since rejoining Real Madrid four years ago, with only 11 starts. Last season, the 29-year-old Dominican striker appeared only 11 times in all competitions, indicating where he stands in manager Carlo Ancelotti’s plans. Despite the departures of Borja Mayoral and Luka Jovic to Getafe and Fiorentina, respectively, Real Madrid are still looking to get rid of Mariano Diaz, as Ancelotti does not see him playing a role in his plans for the upcoming season. Leaving Real Madrid (Photo by Juan Manuel Serrano Arce/Getty Images) ) According to reports in Spain, Mariano has been making it difficult for Real Madrid to get rid of him because he does not want to leave the club and wants to finish out his contract at the Bernabeu. However, according to the aforementioned Defensa Central report, that is not the case, as the centre-forward is open to leaving the Spanish capital club. However, it is claimed that Mariano has yet to receive suitable offers from suitors to leave. There had been rumors that Celta Vigo had tabled a bid for the 29-year-old, but his agent quickly shot those rumors down, claiming that there had been no contact from the La Liga club. Mariano’s wages are said to be an issue for interested parties, causing his departure to be delayed. However, according to the report, Real Madrid is willing to consider scenarios in which they could contribute a portion of his salary to facilitate his exit. The striker, for his part, is unconcerned about wages and is looking for a club where he can play regularly. Mariano’s current Real Madrid contract expires in a year, so it’s unclear what the future holds for him.
Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz is open to leaving the club
Aug-09 10:36 first published at 10:36 AM
What are your top 10 Chelsea signings from the last 30 years?
Chelsea’s relationship with the transfer market has been rocky over the last 30 years. With the arrival of co-owner Todd Boehly following the completion of his £4 billion takeover of the club from Roman Abramovich, life at Stamford Bridge is changing. This summer, the Blues spent more than any other Premier League club, signing eight
Gary Neville has blasted the living conditions for workers at the Qatar World Cup
Gary Neville has slammed the working conditions at the Qatar World Cup. In a new Sky documentary, the Manchester United legend is shown being shocked by the conditions in which the workers who built the new stadiums for the tournament had to live. ‘It’s a portakabin with four curtains [sleeping areas] and two lockers on
Kounde and Araujo injury news, Xavi Hernandez’s solutions, and more in Saturday’s Barcelona news
Injuries to Kounde and Araujo – FC Barcelona Jules Kounde has a biceps femoris injury in his left hamstring, according to tests on Saturday morning. As a result, he is out of the running until he recovers. FC Barcelona international schedule – September 24th – FC Barcelona Our look at how Barcelona’s players fare with
Australia face New Zealand in their final friendly before the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
After giving his World Cup qualifying heroes a chance to thank their home fans with a 1-0 win over New Zealand on Thursday, Socceroos head coach Graham Arnold is now using the second friendly in Auckland to put his squad’s depth and versatility to the test. With almost all of his senior players expected to
England’s World Cup squad will be eating beans and cakes in Qatar
Baked beans and Jaffa Cakes will fuel England’s players in their quest to win the World Cup for the first time since 1966. When Gareth Southgate’s squad arrives in Qatar for the tournament, which begins in November, they will stay at the five-star Souq Al-Wakra Hotel. They’ll be able to eat the best meat and