Skip to content

Romelu Lukaku says he had no regrets about his move back to Inter Milan from Chelsea

Updated

Aug-10 13:08 first published at 13:08 PM

Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku has spoken out about his disappointing debut season at parent club Chelsea last season, claiming it was a trying time for him.
Lukaku, who returned to Chelsea in a club-record deal worth £97.5 million, is now on loan at Inter. During his two-season stint with the Nerazzurri, he scored 64 goals and led them to the 2020-21 Serie A title.

In an interview with DAZN (via Football Italia), the 29-year-old explained what went wrong following his move to Stamford Bridge last summer. He stated: “The season at Chelsea provided me with additional motivation to perform even better than before. I believe that in a year, everyone has forgotten what I am capable of doing on the pitch. That is the kind of rage I feel inside. That now includes the team, which did not win last year; we all hope to do better and bring something home.”

He went on: “I think when I left, I wanted to exact revenge on Chelsea because it was my team for 11 years when I was younger. I had the chance to return there and thought I’d be a hero, but that wasn’t the case. When I first heard about the opportunity to return here in March, I was hesitant to say anything, but by the end of the season, we had done an excellent job with the club. and I was able to return here.”
Lukaku continued: “I only reflect at the end of the season, so after the last game, I asked myself what my situation was. I saw that I did well as a player with Inter; my season at Chelsea was difficult. I had no doubts, which is why I decided to return here.”

The Belgian registered 15 goals and two assists in 44 games across competitions for the west London outfit last season. He’s expected to start in Inter Serie A opener against Lecce on Saturday (August 13).

Chelsea in pursuit of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this summer
According to Independent, Chelsea have been offered striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang by Barcelona. The report also adds that Blues manager Thomas Tuchel is open to the possibility of reuniting with the former Borussia Dortmund frontman.

Thomas Tuchel on Aubameyang deal as he scored 79 goals at Dortmund: “I would be interested in the 79 goals actually”. 🔵🔛 #CFC “But I will not comment on Auba to Chelsea links”, Thomas Tuchel added as reported by @SJohnsonSport. https://t.co/8NA5lBuY3JS ince joining the Blaugrana in January, Aubameyang has registered 13 goals and one assist in 23 appearances across competitions. Before that, he enjoyed a productive four-year stint in London, scoring 68 goals and providing 16 assists in 128 league games.

Rate this story!
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank You!

Coming soon!

Coming soon!

Latest News
The Qatar 2022 World Cup will be a “dream” for players, says David Beckham
News 1 day ago

According to former England captain and Qatar 2022 ambassador David Beckham, the upcoming winter FIFA World Cup in Qatar will feature a higher level of football than previous World Cups. Beckham, one of the most decorated English players in history, believes the World Cup tournament’s timing will encourage players to compete in peak condition. “Players

England’s strongest XI for the 2022 World Cup: Jordan Pickford
News 3 days ago

England has numerous talented players at every position and is one of the favorites to win the World Cup in 2022. England is widely regarded as the home of football, but the English national team has only won the World Cup once, in 1966. This article will go over England’s strongest XI, which could help

Match report and reaction to FC Barcelona’s win at Mallorca in LaLiga
News 3 days ago

FC Barcelona’s post-match session at Ciutat Esportiva After the away win in Mallorca, Xavi Hernández’s squad trains on a sunny Sunday morning. Lewandowski scores at breakneck speed – FC Barcelona Robert Lewandowski scores goals at an incredible rate. His start in LaLiga for FC Barcelona has been incredible; the number 9 has now scored nine

Nick Pope is the clear number two for England behind Jordan Pickford
News 1 week ago

Nick Pope was one of the few England players to take any credit from Friday’s defeat to Italy. The Newcastle goalkeeper had no chance with the goal and was otherwise performing admirably. Indeed, when it came to rating the England players in the 1-0 defeat, BBC Sport viewers ranked only Jude Bellingham ahead of Nick

Gianni Infantino: Qatar World Cup will be the best in history
News 1 week ago

The World Cup in Qatar will be the best in history, according to Infantino. 12:39 a.m. on September 26, 2022 Qatar OTHER STORIES Infantino, Gianni A A A Text Size: A A A Doha FIFA President Gianni Infantino welcomed football fans from all over the world to Qatar for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022,