offsided.com
Skip to content

The Brazilian has been linked with a move to Manchester United

Updated  

Aug-17 12:26 first published at 12:26 PM


Bengaluru, Aug 17: With Manchester United currently lacking attacking options and growing doubts about Cristiano Ronaldo’s future, the Red Devils are said to be actively looking for a forward with only about two weeks left in the transfer window.
As a result, a slew of names have already been linked with the team, the most recent being Atletico Madrid forward Matheus Cunha.
The 23-year-old had a solid debut season in Spain last year, and Atletico may be willing to cash in if a big offer comes in. So far, the rumors are said to be in their early stages, but things could quickly escalate in the coming week.
Here are a few things you should know about the player: So far in his career
While playing in the Bundesliga, the Brazilian established himself on the European circuit. Most notably, he was signed by former Manchester United coach Ralf Rangnick while playing for RB Leipzig. He joined Hertha Berlin midway through the 2019-20 season and scored seven goals to help the club finish in the middle of the table.
It prompted Atletico to spend big money on him last season. Cunha made an impression in La Liga last season despite mostly playing as a backup striker for Simone. In 29 La Liga games, he scored six goals and assisted on another six. Playing Method
Cunha’s game has been compared to that of Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino. The Brazilian is said to be a pressing monster who drops deep to outmaneuver wide forwards. The 23-year-old is primarily a forward, but he can play anywhere up front. His speed and attacking threat for his age are impressive, and he has the potential to be a future star wherever he plays. Fee for Transfer
With him under contract until 2026, Atletico Madrid may be looking to extract as much money as possible from the Old Trafford club. United is said to have made an offer of around £42 million to the Spanish club. However, given United’s desperation, the club may seek more money, and it remains to be seen whether the player wishes to join a team that will not compete in the Champions League.
Other articles that were published on August 17, 2022

Latest News
What are your top 10 Chelsea signings from the last 30 years?
News 4 hours ago

Chelsea’s relationship with the transfer market has been rocky over the last 30 years. With the arrival of co-owner Todd Boehly following the completion of his £4 billion takeover of the club from Roman Abramovich, life at Stamford Bridge is changing. This summer, the Blues spent more than any other Premier League club, signing eight

Gary Neville has blasted the living conditions for workers at the Qatar World Cup
News 5 hours ago

Gary Neville has slammed the working conditions at the Qatar World Cup. In a new Sky documentary, the Manchester United legend is shown being shocked by the conditions in which the workers who built the new stadiums for the tournament had to live. ‘It’s a portakabin with four curtains [sleeping areas] and two lockers on

Kounde and Araujo injury news, Xavi Hernandez’s solutions, and more in Saturday’s Barcelona news
News 5 hours ago

Injuries to Kounde and Araujo – FC Barcelona Jules Kounde has a biceps femoris injury in his left hamstring, according to tests on Saturday morning. As a result, he is out of the running until he recovers. FC Barcelona international schedule – September 24th – FC Barcelona Our look at how Barcelona’s players fare with

Australia face New Zealand in their final friendly before the 2022 World Cup in Qatar
News 17 hours ago

After giving his World Cup qualifying heroes a chance to thank their home fans with a 1-0 win over New Zealand on Thursday, Socceroos head coach Graham Arnold is now using the second friendly in Auckland to put his squad’s depth and versatility to the test. With almost all of his senior players expected to

England’s World Cup squad will be eating beans and cakes in Qatar
News 23 hours ago

Baked beans and Jaffa Cakes will fuel England’s players in their quest to win the World Cup for the first time since 1966. When Gareth Southgate’s squad arrives in Qatar for the tournament, which begins in November, they will stay at the five-star Souq Al-Wakra Hotel. They’ll be able to eat the best meat and

Related News